General and Task Management
• Purchase goods, materials, components or services in line with specified cost, quality and delivery targets.
• Sourcing logistics, inbound and outbound service, 3pl services, transportation and WH services.
• Ensure continuous supply of required goods and materials and communicate any supply problems which may pose a risk or impact on business operations
• Monitor market trends, competitor strategies and market suppliers
• Research and evaluate areas of opportunity and reduce costs where possible
• Deliver briefs, updates and reports as and when required
• Develop creative and innovative procurement processes
• Develop ideas and strategies to improve operational efficiency, add value, aid business performance and work towards a strategy of continuous improvement
• Negotiate contracts, improved prices and terms of business with suppliers and review opportunities to make business savings utilizing negotiation and procurement best practice tools and methods
• Assess and evaluate suppliers and undertake performance reviews to ensure contract compliance and manage performance improvement activities
• Ensure that a professional and consistent approach is taken in relation to all supplier relationships
• Ensure compliance to company guidelines, purchasing policies and procedures of the European VinFast guidance during supplier negotiations and contracts award process.
• Explore alternate sources for goods and materials
• Assess tenders and quotations from potential suppliers
• Prepare purchase orders in line with final negotiations with selected suppliers and in line with organizational targets and requirements
• Undertake research on and evaluate existing and new suppliers
• Contact suppliers to resolve price, quality, delivery or invoice issues
• Mentor and coach the Assistant Buyer to enhance their career and professional development
• Work collaboratively and negotiate and engage with stakeholders and suppliers regarding new projects, supplies and initiatives and advise of impact of change on purchasing and production activities
• Stay current and up to date on any changes that may affect the supply and demand of needed products and materials and advise others of any impact
• Attend meetings and update others on issues or concerns, in particular when there is a risk which could prevent the organization meeting customer demands or where there are over capacity concerns
• Support product change requests and review and communicate the impact on capacity plans
• Build, maintain and manage supplier relationships and ensure good communications Self-Management
• Comply with the Health, Safety and Environmental Policies
• At least 5 year purchasing experience, preferably within an automotive or manufacturing environment
• Relevant business/commercial or manufacturing/engineering degree is preferred.
• English fluent in Writing, Speaking and Listening skills
• Ability to add value, reduce costs and make business improvement
• Contract management and supplier management experience
• Strong technical knowledge and understanding of automotive processes and components and supply chain management
• Computer literate, to include advanced Excel skills, SAP experience .
• Highly skilled at building and maintaining effective and productive relationships with key stakeholders and suppliers
Please send your CVs to below address:
VINFAST TRADING AND PRODUCTION LLC.
4th floor, Tower 1, Times City, 458 Minh Khai street, Hai Ba Trung district, Hanoi.
Phone number: 024.3974.8579
Tittle of email and CV: “Full name – position”
Deadline: 30 June 2018